Vanity Delivery Instructions:
Please note that all deliveries are curbside only.
All vanities, steam showers, whirlpool bathtubs, sauna units and toilets and other bulky delivery products purchased will be shipped in one or more wooden crates and/or cardboard boxes on pallets for the protection and safe delivery of your product. All crates are sized to fit through any standardized doorway and will be shipped by ground for deliveries within the continental United States.
All Curbside Delivery ships within ten days of the initial order, unless otherwise stated, and consists of a three-to-fourteen-day transportation period. This may be slightly extended due to unforeseen circumstances such as inclement weather, limited product availability, and Freight Company difficulties. Additional assistance upon delivery is your responsibility when you schedule your appointment with the freight company.
NOTE: IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO NOT SIGN FOR A SHIPMENT, ACCEPTING LIABILITY FOR A DELIVERY, WHICH YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETELY INSPECTED.
- Upon arrival of your item, request the driver to wait and inspect all internal and external contents for damages and/or discrepancies. This is a very important procedural step because you do not want to cause delay if shipment is damaged. Carefully inspect entire contents before releasing the driver from your place of premise. Upon signing the release form, you are accepting responsibility for any damage found after the fact. This includes allowing the driver to leave without adding any notations, and therefore acknowledging that the delivery was received and all items on the shipping manifest were in the good condition.
- When a delivery item is signed and marked in good condition there will be no further requests for an insurance claim.
- When a driver is unable to remain at your premise, please note on the Proof of Delivery paperwork (POD) - “DRIVER UNABLE TO WAIT FOR INSPECTION – POSSIBLE CONCEALED DAMAGE – SUBJECT TO INSPECTION”.
- If damage is discovered while the driver is waiting, describe the damage, writing on the Proof of Delivery (POD) – it is vitally important that. You must have the driver acknowledge this with their personal initials and signature, and for you to retain your copy of the POD.
- Some shipments are in multiple boxes and/or crates and each must be inspected immediately upon receipt.
- Specialty items such as toilets are to be inspected immediately and upon noting damage must be documented and the delivery refused.
- In the event that damage is discovered, report and return ONLY the portions of the shipment that were delivered in a damaged state. Request the driver make a note on the “POD” adding the drivers acknowledgement through his or her initials. Immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org with photos and description of the damage to start the replacement process.
Things to look for:
- If arrived with NO PALLET
- Shrink wrap is torn
- Any dents on box
- Crack on counter top
- Arrived with NO straps
- Wet or dirty box
***Be as picky as possible and ALWAYS make a note of all box damages on the paperwork. By doing this, you will help us accelerate replacements due to shipping damage***
The Bill of Lading is a binding contract, by signing it without proper notations means that the shipment was received in good order and condition. Without proper notations the carrier will deny any claims filed which may jeopardize our ability to send you a replacement.
Items that are delivered damaged must be reported within 48 hours. If you fail to report within 48 hours after the date and time of delivery, you are no longer eligible to receive replacement parts, as all liability will be removed from the freight company and the manufacturer.
Delivery Address Changes:
Please note that address changes after an order has shipped will incur re-routing fees charged by the freight carrier. Please review your delivery address carefully.
Order Cancellation and Refusal:
An order can be cancelled up until the purchased item is shipped. Once the shipment is picked up from the warehouse and is ongoing, cancellations shall be treated as a merchandise return.
If a delivery appointment or a delivery is refused by the customer for any reason other than damaged merchandise or shipping error by us, the item shall be treated as a merchandise return. In these cases a possible restocking fee and additional shipping charges will be applied.
Returns not due to damage:
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact email@example.com within 28 days to request an RMA. Please note there will be a restocking fee and the buyer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges.
Thanks again for shopping at Modern Bath House!